Medical malpractice is found in the medical field in which medical professionals perform unacceptable standards that affect the patient’s health and life. It ranges from misdiagnosis to inappropriate treatments, and the consequences of such treatments are dangerous.
So, one can follow some medical malpractice laws to get justice. If you or any of your loved ones face medical malpractice and want justice in Georgia, you can consult a medical malpractice lawyer for guidance.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when doctors or health care professionals, through omission or negligence, can cause injury or death to the patient. The error might occur in the diagnosis, treatment, or surgery, significantly impacting the patient.
Medical malpractice is considered when there is a violation of the standard of care, negligence, or significant damages.
How Does Medical Malpractice Affect the Patients?
Medical malpractice has various impacts on patients, and it defines itself in various factors such as physical impact, emotional, social, legal, and financial impact.
Physical Impact of Medical Malpractice
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis can create a problem for patients as they cannot receive timely treatment, further increasing the problem.
- Some common medical malpractice concerns birth injuries in the tvboxbee spinal cord, brain, nerve, or other injuries. It can also lead to mild motor disability like paralysis.
- A surgical error can lead to the wrong procedure in surgery or leaving some instruments inside the body, or operating the whole body part. So, these are some of the important physical impacts of medical malpractice.
Emotional Impact of Medical Malpractice:
The emotional impact is much more devastating as it affects the patient and their family members. Patients can get physical pain along with anxiety, trauma, depression, or other psychological traumas, which can greatly affect their health. Family members also face the same problem tylesrant of depression, and if they have filed a legal case for justice, it will again impact their emotional health.
Financial Impact of Medical Malpractice:
- Medical expenses take a huge toll on your family and patients. There are lots of bills, expensive medications, rehabilitation costs, and various other costs that are part of the medical expenses, which is sometimes a huge task for the family members.
- Patients who suffer from injuries have to take time off from their work, so there is a loss of income for that period.
- Some medical malpractice may lead to long-term care, which requires nursing care, daily support, and many more, which also requires pocket expenditure.
Social Impact of Medical Malpractice:
If there is medical negligence in the injury or surgery, a stigma is associated with the injury. The disfigured injury may lead to embarrassment for the patient, and social isolation is associated with this medical malpractice.
Legal Impact of Medical Malpractice:
There is a burden of proof on the patient to prove that the healthcare provider is at fault. Legal fees are associated with it, making it difficult for a person to prove that there has been medical malpractice.