Carpenter ants are small, brownish insects that do not sting, and they do not attack people. Carpenter ants commonly nest in moist wood, preferring wood from trees such as cottonwood, poplar, willow, locust, maple, and elm.
These insects can cause damage to your home’s roofing or siding by burrowing into the wood. If you have an already existing infestation, you’ll need to get rid to call a professional exterminator from Carpenter ants Marlborough, MA, to get rid of them.
What are Carpenter Ants?
Carpenter ants are a variety of well-known ants that damage the wood. Carpenter ants get their name from their habit of hollowing out the wood to build their nests. This type of activity can cause substantial harm to homes and other structures if left unchecked. These ants can also be located worldwide but are most abundant in the United States.
Suppose you suspect that you have carpenter ants on your property. In that case, it is essential to take action immediately to eliminate them. Otherwise, the board will continue to deteriorate on your property and could even cause the structure to collapse. Carpenter ants are generally black or dark brown in color and range in size from about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch long.
You can get rid of carpenter ants in a few different ways. One option is to use bait and traps.
Tricks and traps work by attracting the ants into the web, where they will then ants removed. Another option is to use a pesticide explicitly designed for carpenter ants. You can be purchased it at most hardware stores or online.
Pesticides can be purchased at most hardware stores or online as well. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully when using pesticides.
If you have a carpenter ant problem, it is best to call a professional exterminator. Rove Pest Control can assist you with ant control in Marlborough.
How can I identify whether I have a Carpenter Ant infestation?
Carpenter ants are one of the most frequent ants to infest homes. Their name comes from their propensity to dig into the wood to build nests. If left untreated, these pests can do significant damage to your house.
You can do a handful of things look for to see whether you have a carpenter ant infestation:
- Finding ants in your home. Carpenter ants are often attracted to sweet foods so they may be found in kitchens or pantries. However, they will also travel long distances from their nests in search of food so that you may find them anywhere in your home.
- Seeing sawdust-like material near where you find the ants. This material is bits of wood that the ants have chewed away as they create their nests.
- Hearing a faint rustling sound coming from walls or wooden furniture. The ants make this sound as they move around inside their nests.
- Take note of any damaged wood in your home. Carpenter ants might cause catastrophic structural damage to your residence if left unchecked.
You should contact a paste control specialist if you notice these signs. They act quickly to eliminate the carpenter ants prior they cause further harm.
Steps to get rid of carpenter ants
- If you see one carpenter ant, there are probably many more hiding nearby. To get rid of parasites, you must locate and destroy their nest.
- Look for carpenter ants near water sources, such as sinks, toilets, and drains. They are also attracted to wood that is damp or has been damaged by water.
- Once you have found the nest, use an insecticide to kill the ants. Ensure you follow the label’s instructions and keep children and pets away from the treated area until it is dry.
- You can also try a homemade remedy to eliminate carpenter ants. Mix equal parts sugar and borax together and put it in a shallow dish near where you’ve seen the insects. The sugar will entice the ants, but they will not be able to resist the borax, which will kill them.
- Prevention is the best way to keep carpenter ants from becoming a problem in your home. Inspect your property for symptoms of water damage regularly and repair any leaks promptly. Store food in containers and wash up crumbs and spills right away.
Carpenter ants are a common problem in many homes. If you’re trying to find a quick approach to get rid of carpenter ants in Marlborough, we hope this guide has been helpful.